JOB SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Laser Hair Removal Technician is to provide Laser Hair Removal treatments and consultations to patients. Additional responsibilities are to provide select other patient services, such as Coolsculpting and blood draws, and to work closely with and serve the clinical team to ensure a seamless and efficient workday for the clinical team and a 5 star experience for each and every patient.
- Performs Laser Hair Removal Treatments and Consultations
- Performs other treatments including but not limited to Coolsculpting, microneedling, and blood draws
- Prepares treatment rooms and equipment at the beginning of the day and closes rooms down at the end of the day – making sure all equipment is turned off, garbage is emptied, and rooms are prepped for the next business day.
- Preps for the clinician each morning for the day ahead including reviewing patient history and providing clinician with a “playbook” for the day.
- Escorts patients to treatment rooms and provides a warm welcome and makes them comfortable
- Verifies patient information by reviewing medical history and confirming purpose of visit
- Assists with patient clearances and obtains consents for treatments.
- Prepares patients for treatments including drawing blood and applying topical numbing
- Counsels patients by reviewing pre and post treatment care instructions.
- Educates patients about products and services.
- Maintains all treatment rooms by ensuring linens are clean, trash is emptied, and rooms are always impeccably clean, per Company protocols and standards.
- Monitors and maintains public areas including bathrooms, tranquility room, and hallways throughout the day, stocking supplies and cleaning as needed.
- Does laundry throughout the day per Company protocols and standards.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Monitors supply levels and alerts purchasing department when supplies are running low/should be ordered. Assists with manual inventory counts as needed.
- Continuously updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical record and keeping patient information confidential.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following Company standards and procedures and by complying with all federal and state legal regulations.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Must have active State of Florida Electrologist License
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Laser Hair Removal experience / training / certification preferred
- Sales and customer service experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records) and medical terminology
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes:
- Loves to serve others
- Genuine people person – great people skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Knowledge of / Familiarity with Infection Control
- Highly organized and energetic
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Punctual and reliable
- Patient and flexible yet with a sense of urgency
- Ability to exert subtle motivation and influence – strong sales skills
- Team player
- Understands/seeks to understand business and business operations
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Natural sales skills
- Warm and friendly bedside manner
Work Hours/Location: This is a full time, permanent position which occasionally requires some before/after hours flexibility. The Medical Assistant needs to be able to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to opening in the morning and stay until the last patient/clinician has departed the practice.
Business hours are currently:
Tuesday and Wednesday 10am-6pm
Thursday 10am – 7pm
Friday 10am – 5pm
The business is not currently open for appointments on weekends but this is subject to change at any time and this position may be required to work weekends if needed.
Some of the Services Radiance Medspa Provides:
- BOTOX & Juvederm
- Body Contouring – Coolsculpting and Laser Liposuction
- Facial Services – Peels, Hydrafacial
- Laser Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Hair Restoration
- RF Skin Tightening
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base Pay $17-$22 per hour, based on experience
- Opportunity to Earn Team Bonus based on Company performance
- Paid Time off for holidays, vacation, sick days
- Company sponsored health, dental and vision insurance available
- Retirement savings plan with Company match available
- Employee allowance/discounts for services and skin care products
- An amazing team and work environment!